Friday, September 28, 2007

It's Harvesting Time for these 2 Monkeys

2 Monyet Besar :)

These 2 guys (Kris and Gayo) could not fight the urge not to climb the date tree. Since this is near the end of winter in Bahrain and so is date fruit season. We have to catch them before the birds finish them all or before it is getting too dry. Alamak... the taste is unbelievable, so sweet and tender when chewing and hmmmph I am fasting now, I can not tell you further Hahahahah perhaps next time!
Do you like Date fruit or Tamar (Arabic) or Qhorma (Persian)?
I do, I do, I do..... I break my fast with it. Love it!!!!!!!

7 comments:

Juhi said...

Interesting... I am sure the taste of the dates make the climb worth it.
Nice blogs you have here. Please do visit mine sometime http://travelnlife.blogspot.com/

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Nice tree, you can for sure climb in this kinda trees...

Where are your photo's of Oktober?

My life in Bergen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
My life in bergen said...

Nice blog you have and nice pictures too.
As you probably see our blog's have almost the same name and we both do picture posting.
It's a funny coincidence...

Sorry i used the wrong account, this one is the right

Dina said...

Hello! Glad to meet you through your nice comment. I'll be back soon to learn more about Bahrain.

Yes, I eat a tamar or tmarim every day in their season. Good!

Glennis said...

it would be lovely to try a fresh from the tree date, the ones we buy here in New Zealand are mostly very dried up, they still taste good but we use them tomake ckes and chutneys with mainly.
I like the wonderful glowing golden light you have on the next 3-4 photos, the buildings look so good.
Greetings from new Zealand.

www.Gatto999.it said...

Ciao from Italy
:)